UI Integrity Center
The National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) has joined forces with the US
Department of Labor and the New York State Department of Labor to support the Unemployment Insurance Integrity Center of Excellence.
The Center is a laboratory of innovation for integrity strategies in unemployment insurance, established to assist in preventing, detecting and recovering improper payments.
The Center is working to provide a single place for states to access information, resources and promising practices related to UI program integrity. Here are the current efforts underway:
- A UI integrity database of strategies and best practices is being built through outreach to UI Directors.
- Training curricula is being designed and developed.
- An integrity improvement funding process is being developed to support state initiatives.
- A pilot program is being established to validate the integrity data hub concept.
- The agenda was developed and presenters are being determined for the 2016 UI Integrity Symposium.
NASWA's Key Tasks
- Fact Sheet on Engaging the States
- Unemployment Insurance Integrity Assessment Report
- The report containing the unemployment insurance integrity assessment of states conducted in early 2015 is now available. This information can also be accessed on the UI CoP/Excellence website.
- Fact Sheet on funding process for UI integrity initiatives
- Integrity Improvement Investment Funding Information and Application
- $1.6M in Integrity Improvement Investment funds has been announced by the Integrity Center to support integrity efforts being pursued by states. Apply now through January 29, 2016.
- This information can also be accessed on the UI CoP website.
- Fact Sheet on the UI Integrity Technology Symposium
- Symposium materials are now available! Click here to view. (ITSC/UI CoP account required)
- Or login to the UI Community of Practice , click on the ITSC tab, login, and click on the UI Integrity Symposium link.
- UINIA Training Needs Analysis Findings (05/10/2016)
- Unemployment Insurance Integrity Assessment Report (11/09/2015)
- Report on the 2015 Unemployment Insurance Integrity Technology Symposium (10/29/2015)
- UI Integrity Advisory Council Project Update (07/10/2015)
- R5 USDOL/UI Dir. Presentation (07/10/2015)
- UI Integrity Center Flyer (05/11/2015)
- UI Integrity Center of Excellence Briefing Paper (05/11/2015)
- NASWA Integrity Project Plan (03/15/2015)